Olathe East Student Journalism

Olathe East News

Olathe East Student Journalism

Olathe East News

Olathe East Student Journalism

Olathe East News

Chiefs Game Coldness
Chiefs Game Coldness
Abby Herman, Staff Writer • February 2, 2024
Senior Ads
December 14, 2023
Winter Band Concert
December 14, 2023
12.7
December 7, 2023
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Israel and Palestine Conflict

Let’s be educated and raise our voices for those innocent Palestinians being killed.

According to a CNN article; Gaza’s hospitals are failing under the weight of war. US medical groups are scrambling to help. As we all know, the conflict between Israel and Palestine started on October 7th, 2023. But this war didn’t start on Oct. 7th, it has been going on since 1948. Israel wants to occupy the land of Palestinians. Recently, Israel’s bombing of Gaza has gotten way too extreme. They recently bombed the second hospital “Al-Shifa” where there were thousands of Palestinians fighting for their lives. The supplies in hospitals are getting lower day by day. Recently, Israel has started throwing missiles that function like a giant meat grinder at hospitals. It’s a missile that doesn’t even explode, but projectile blades within 100m of impact, slicing people’s bodies apart and exacting the worst agony on them. There is a picture on Instagram that shows how a kid is affected by this missile, in the picture you can clearly see the bone coming out of his torn flesh. Innocent Palestinian children have seen their parents dying in front of their eyes, this is a trauma that will be stuck with them for the rest of their lives. Parents have seen their children die in front of them, and they can’t do anything about it because Israel has started bombing hospitals too. Is this humanity? Are they killing innocent Palestinians just to occupy the land that’s not even their own?

No, that’s not humanity, humanity is if people who really have hearts, raise their voices for justice. Recently the Ministry of Education of Palestine has declared that “the 2023-2024 has ended officially since all the kids are dead.” These were his exact words. A Muslim, hijabi girl from Overland Park, Kansas went to Walmart to shop where she got harassed by a white grown man just because she was wearing a hijab that most Muslim girls do. She was called a “Palestinian pig” inside Walmart when the staff of Walmart was there, they were trying to get the girl out of the store, instead, they should’ve tried to get the white man who was harassing the innocent girl. Muslims are not even safe anymore. Let’s be educated, spread the word around, and raise our voices against those cruel people who are taking innocent lives. 

Recently, a Pakistani woman was stabbed to death outside her apartment in Texas. She was a Pediatrician and a mother to two kids. She was stabbed by a 24-year-old white man and the police still can’t figure out if it was a hate crime or not, when it clearly is. The victim didn’t have any direct connection with him. Muslims are not safe anymore, let’s not spread hate towards our Muslim friends because they already feel like they are not safe anywhere.