We Have a Newspaper Here?

Benton Carter, Online Editor

On the floor, used as scraps, scribbled on and defaced, and most commonly in the recycle bin. The OE Hawkseye is the Olathe East Newspaper publication. “We have a newspaper here?” Yes in fact we do, a lot of people and hours of hard work go into our paper.

Every year since the opening of Olathe East a newspaper has been around. Issues come out every 6-8 weeks featuring various articles ranging from news to sports to feature articles. There is always something of interest to anyone who opens the pages of our paper.

Keeping up to date with the latest hot news around the school is a great reason to read the paper. Topics of the parking lot, lunches, clubs, interviews with coaches and administrators, are just a few things to look out for. Along with that, the newspaper discusses hard and difficult articles that help others. Bringing awareness to others is important and a great way to make a voice heard is through the paper.

Throughout our paper, there is always something that will interest you. So keep reading! Stopping after the first page isn’t a good idea. You don’t want to miss out on other great articles by the amazing staff we have. Even if some articles aren’t your cup of tea there is always something for everyone.

The hard work and dedication accumulate to hundreds of hours over the course of the school year. Our staff works hard every day to ensure a professional and high-quality publication to our community. The professionalism displayed around our newsroom is top tier with great leadership from our student editor and chiefs.

Next time you see our cover around your advisory room we encourage you to pick it up and start reading. Don’t let our long articles scare you. To us words are our friends and they should be to you too. Don’t waste the hard-working hours we put into our publication. The OE Hawkseye is an essential part of our school and a great publication to read.