Which Spiderman Is The Best?

Which Spiderman Is The Best?

Hannah Polonskiy, Staff Writer

Spider-man is widely known as one of the most popular movie franchises of all time. There are 3 Spider-Man universes and seven movies in total. In each universe, a different actor plays Spider-man. Tobey Maguire plays Spider-man in the original three movies, Andrew Garfield takes over the role in The Amazing Spider-man one and two. The original two Spider-man movie universes are independent, Tom Holland’s Spider-man is a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

Each movie universe is slightly different from the other. But all have similarities. All the movies are set in Brooklyn, New York, and Spider-man’s name is always Peter Parker. In the first two universes, it shows Peter’s uncle Ben dying but in the third universe he has already passed away. There is always a love interest, the first universe her name was Mary Jane, the second her name was Gwen, and then in the third universe, they switched to MJ. With all of these factors taken into account, the question still remains. Who is the best Spider-man?

Some will argue the first movie is always best, but that is not always true. Tobey Maguire did an amazing job playing Peter Parker, just your average neighborhood kid. He had the awkward teenage act down to a T, but as Spider-man he did not have the wits or charm to completely fulfill the character. 

Andrew Garfield played Spider-man extremely well. He had the funny comebacks and little quirks in the bag, but he was just an average Peter Parker.

Finally, Tom Holland exceeded the expectations of both Peter Parker and Spider-man. He was the perfect awkward average high school kid but managed to make a seamless transition into the fearless and confident Spider-man.

This makes Tom Holland the best actor to have played Spider-man. Marvel says he has many more years under his belt as an actor and several more movies to come with the franchise.